[Advaita-l] Nirvana Shatkam- A Translation and Commentary by Nithin Sridhar

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon Oct 14 23:36:41 CDT 2013

On Thu, 3 Oct 2013, Nithin Sridhar wrote:

> I wrote a small English commentary on Nirvana Shatkam of Adi
> Shankaracharya.
>
> I would really like to have feedback from the members here.

Nice job.  The message of this stotra ties in with what Sadanandaji
recently wrote about nidhidhyasana.  We praise the Guru because it is from
the Guru that we hear and understand the shastras (shravana) With a lesser
amount of  help from the Guru and in debate and discussion with other
people both fellow sadhakas and opponents we can contemplate the meaning
and implications of what we have learnt. (manana)  But the third stage of
nidhidhasana is one which must be practised alone.  It involves the
systematic dismantling of all previous concepts and notions and this is
wonderfully brought out by Shankaracharya in the nirvanashatakam.