[Advaita-l] 'Ishwaro'ham' and 'IshwarabhAvaH'

balagopal ramakrishnan rbalpal at yahoo.co.in
Fri Sep 20 00:09:04 CDT 2013

Dear Rajaram Venkataramani,

>>>This "fall down", "saviour" etc. are good initial sentiments.

Examples are meant to convey certain aspect; not for enquiring further with 'whys' & 'hows'. It will lead to more confusion and also..

... leads to infinite regression

>>>You have not answered the key questions in yes or no format.
>>>Hence, I don't know your position clearly on Lord's form as much as I know Madhusudana's.

I 'm repeating for your convenience  the following:

>>1. Is the lord's body made of five elements?
>>2. Is the lord's body made of subtle elements?
>>3. Is the Lord actually embodied as we are?

Lord shortchanged the subtle and gross unlike me to appear. I see him embodied  because of my ignorance.

>>Is there a real relationship between the Lord and His body?

When the body of the Lord is an appearance (due to my ignorance) what relationship can one cast!

>>Am I an advaitin?

Mine is for 'vasanakshayam'. i.e work in progress.

Regards

Balagopal