[Advaita-l] Advaitic experience

Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Mon Aug 4 23:53:35 CDT 2014

Namaste

It is like Smashaana Vairaagya everyone gets. In Smashaana when they are
cremating his relative's body everybody feels there is no meaning in
earning wealth and enjoying life. He will look at the cremating body and
think what money and property he made in life they are not able to prevent
his death. What is the use of all this wealth? But after he comes out of
Smashaana and after some time he goes back to old habits of making money
and enjoying material pleasures.

Like this sometimes anybody can get Advaita Bhaavanaa. He will say we all
are one. But try to ask him Give me your house and possessions to me. We
all are one. I am you and you are me. What is yours is mine. Your bank
account is mine. See what happens.

True Advaita experience is not temporary. The Advaita Experience Effect
will be permanent and change the life of the person permanently.

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 9:32 AM, D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ <

> I think that we should not think that hindus or hinduism have a copyright
> On advaita
> experience.
>
> There has been an article in Newyork Times "What would Krishna Do? Or
> Shiva? Or Vishnu?" yestere day in the Opinion section. One of the reader
> has described his experience thus.
>
> gem PA 16 hours ago
> <
> http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/03/what-would-krishna-do-or-shiva-or-vishnu/#permid=12463427:12464277
> >

> *From a religious experience I had following 3 years in a concentration
> camp I came away with the understanding we all, each one of us, was part of
> All and All was love. There is no separation between me and you and us and
> the flames of stars. We are All. Then from that I understood, if I hurt
> you, I hurt me as we are part of each other. I understood this into and
> from the core of my being. Surely we All understand this? It seems we
> mostly do not or we would cherish one another.*
>
> This shows that advaitic experience is not confined to only hindus. People
> other than hindus can have it. More important coclusion is Hindu
> ritualistic practice is not a prerequisite for advaitic experience.
>
> regards,
> Sarma.

-Venkatesh