[Advaita-l] Why does anything exist at all

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 10:39:17 CST 2014

Namaste,

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141106-why-does-anything-exist-at-all

This article is saying -

'Their admittedly controversial answer is that the entire universe, from
the fireball of the Big Bang to the star-studded cosmos we now inhabit,
popped into existence from nothing at all. It had to happen, they say,
because "nothing" is inherently unstable.'

In Advaita we say the Universe is produced by Maayaa. But Maayaa is not
Nothing. It is Not Sat and Not Asat also. Science is still lagging behind
Advaita because Scientists are saying Universe is arising from Nothing.

-Venkatesh