[Advaita-l] vajrOli yOga & shankara bhagavatpAda

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Feb 7 02:56:57 CST 2014

praNAms
Hare Krishna

The Vajroli practice will maintain Brahmacharya.* If* a Brahmacharya has
sex there is no loss for him if he is
expert in Vajroli. But Adi Sankara entered into King's body and enjoyed
with women in King's body. He knew Vajroli. There is no loss of
Brahmacharya. I think in Vajroli practice they will draw up the Veerya
even if comes out.
I am not sure how can they do it? Any answers?

>  Yes, this is what we can read in mAdhaveeya also.  If through vajrOli
yOga there is no avakeerNatva dOsha, then why shankara has opted for
another body??  that too body of the king who has more than 100 wives!!??
Since there is no yati dharma bhanga here, since there is no retaHskhalana
& is always Urdhva retasa, he could have experienced the kAma shAstra
through his body only where was the need of 'parakAya' pravesha...If the
yati has an absolute disassociation with his 'sva-kAya' what was need for
'para-kAya' pravesha??  And another question that arises here is, if one
avoid retaH skhalana and continue 'stree-saMbhOga' can we call him
brahmachAri / saMnyAsi??

>  If I remember right shankara in one of his justifications for parakAya
pravesha, says he is saMkalpa rahita, since saMkalpa is the cause for
kAma, no question of kAma vAsana in him.  But here also question remain
unanswered is without any saMkalpa, how shankara did the saMkalpa of doing
'para-kaya' pravesha ??  how he lost himself in king's body by abundantly
enjoying the kAma- bhOga ??  Dont you think these are all shankara's
sva-varNAshrama anuchita karma??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

PS :  If the topics like above is outside the scope of this forum, I
request the moderators to delete this message from the list of posting.  A
word of advice is also requested from them.