[Advaita-l] vajrOli yOga & shankara bhagavatpAda

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Feb 12 04:08:44 CST 2014

praNAms
Hare Krishna

There is a beautiful proverb in telugu regarding this. "aDusu tokkanEla,
kaaLLu kaDaganEla"

>  In Kannada too we say something like this : koccheli beeLodu yaake mai
toLkoLOdu yaake ??

>  why to fell in the gutter and then wash your body??

There are more comfortable methods in grihasthAshrama.  And for yogis,
practice of vairAgya is the safest one.

>  But it is vishAdaneeya that great yati / saMnyAsi like shankara
bhagavatpAda has chosen to do parakAya pravesha & used this yOga siddhi
for fulfilling the mundane cause!!

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar