[Advaita-l] vajrOli yOga & shankara bhagavatpAda

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Feb 12 06:19:49 CST 2014

There is one e.g of a saint (mostly Adi Shankara) eating non-veg when
someone offered to him. So his disciples also ate it. then he drank
wine. this was followed merrily by his disciples. then a Guru drank
molten iron and asked his disciples to follow him :)

praNAms
Hare Krishna

I have not read this in bhagavatpAda's jeevana charitra.  But I have seen
this in a Kannada movie 'santa shishunALa shareefa' or 'bhUmige banda
bhagavanta' (title of the move forgotten) ...where a yOgi does this to
teach a lesson to his students.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar