[Advaita-l] vajrOli yOga & shankara bhagavatpAda

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 12 10:44:45 CST 2014

Okay, list members, let's end this discussion here.

First, we have to realize that we should give up our contemporary assumptions about
sexuality and sacredness. Our attitudes about these today are shaped by an education
informed by Victorian assumptions that are quite alien to the life and times of Sankara.

Second, like it or not, this episode about Sankara using parakAya-praveSa to gain an
experience asked of him in the context of a debate is there in the Sankaravijaya texts.
It is easy to find fault with these texts and their authors by claiming that they lived
many centuries after Sankara and that they have not understood advaita, brahmacaryA,
deha-sambandha etc correctly. The reality is that our assumptions today are quite alien
to the life and times of the writers of these Sankaravijaya texts too.

No matter what, the details are what they are. Beyond the point already reached in this
thread as of now, these details are not pertinent to advaita vedAnta and the aims of this
list. Any further issues should be discussed with a living guru, with experience of these
topics in a practical way in daily life. Theoretical discussion on this list is not going to
help anybody.

Regards,
Vidyasankar