[Advaita-l] Doubt in Isha Upanishad

Nithin Sridhar sridhar.nithin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 21:57:21 CST 2014

Okay. So, the website has translated it wrongly? It says grihitva as
"having realized".

Why I have a doubt.

If, Aadaya is taken as removed, then in the sentence, Purnasya Poornam
Aadaya, Poornasya must refer to Nirguna Brahman/Paramartika Dasha i.e.
Having taken out the Jagat from Brahman, Brahman alone remains.

if Aadaya is taken as "realized", then Poornasya must refer to Saguna
Brahman or the Jagat, i.e. Having realized the Completeness of the Jagat,
Completeness alone remains.

Hence, though ultimately we have same meaning that Brahman alone exist, if
we use different meaning for aadaya, we must understand the term poornasya
differently.

Or am I getting something wrong here?

-Nithin