[Advaita-l] Akramadruk in Naishkarmya Siddhi

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 03:13:25 CST 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> second one is nirupAdhika svarUpa sarvajnatA.
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> Let us examine the first quoted mundaka sarvajna whether it is sOpAdhika
> or otherwise  later!!?? The second one i.e.  kArika/bhAshya's sarvajna
> which you are telling is nirupAdhika but svarUpa is 'sarva'jnatA...Hope
> you remember your arguments with regard to the term 'sarva' with regard to
> nirupAdhika, vishesha rahita parabrahman...Hope you also remember your
> arguments with regard to svabhAva, svarUpa, usage of pullinga, mAdukya
> maNtra -6 prAjna (sarvajna) and maNtra 7 (tureeya - sarvadrik,
> sarvalokeshwara) etc.  Now, you are telling us svarUpa of nirupAdhika pure
> consciousness is sarvajnatA.  May I know what exactly your stand on this
> prabhuji??

Dear Bhaskar ji,

I think you did not get the meaning of the kArikA bhAshya in reference: It
is not the prapancha/jIva viShaya jnAna (which is of Ishwara, sarvam
vishESheNa vEtti) but the jnaH is also the sarva.  Here there is no
prapancha nAnAtva viShaya jnAnam but the bAdhita sarva jnAnam as taught by
Shankara in the brahmArpaNam verse: the rajata abhAva jnAnam in shukti.  It
is the adhiShThAna jnana which is characterized by the abhAva of prapancha
bthat is referred by the term sarvajnatA.  In this bhashyam Shankara says turye
viditE svayameva AtamasvarUpameva sarvajnatA -  remember the seventh mantra
definition of turiya has the word 'prapanchopashamam'.  So, the jnAna
referred here is not about the prapancha, which, on the contrary, is the
case with Ishwara's sarvajnatA.  Ishwara's is not the prapanchopashamam
jnAna but saprapancha jnAna.  Otherwise he cannot be called Ishwara.

regards
subrahmanian.v