[Advaita-l] MuktikA Upanishad / MuktikOpanishat cited by srI VidyAraNya svAmI in PanchdaSI

Nithin Sridhar sridhar.nithin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 00:43:04 CST 2014

Even the date of penning cannot be determined accurately always. A
particular manuscript that is available may be of recent origin and older
manuscripts may not be available now! So, we cannot say a particular
Upanishad was written from the dating of manuscripts either! Sometimes,
using various methods of cross referencing, scholars determines the
relative chronology of who came after whom and hence determines a range of
date!. A date for Shankaracharya or Nagarjuna can be determined but not for
Veda vyasa or Vashishta or even Yajnavalkya! That is where the history goes
wrong!