[Advaita-l] MuktikA Upanishad / MuktikOpanishat cited by srI VidyAraNya svAmI in PanchdaSI

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 00:52:32 CST 2014

I do not have copy now. Will let you know in the night or tomorrow.

Panchdasi is divided into 3 parts. Each part have chapters and each chapter
has verses.

If we remove the division into 3 parts, then we can get only chapter no and
verse no, like in BG

1.4.45 refers to first part, chapter 4 (dvaita Viveka), verse 45. I will
type down sanskrit verse later

English translation

45. 'An intelligent person, who has studied the scriptures and has
repeatedly practised what they enjoin should renounce them after knowing
the supreme Brahman, just as a man throws aside a flaming torch at the end
of his journey'. [Amritanada Upanishad] --> verse 1

46. 'An intelligent person, who has studied the scriptures and has
practised what they enjoin should discard them after experiencing Brahman
as his Self, just as a man discards the husk when he has found the grain'.
[Amrita-Bindu Upanishad] --> verse 18

source <http://www.swamij.com/panchadasi.htm#IV>

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna