[Advaita-l] svabhAva of Atman IS 'sarvajnatvaM'

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 23:39:55 CST 2014

Namaste Sri.Bhaskar prabhu-ji.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 11:53 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> But
> in the siddhAnta, this jagat is not really "CREATED" but just arOpita.
>
> >  We are forgetting the fact that alongwith created the creator Ishwara
> too ArOpita on shuddha nirvishesha parabrahman.  Hence in sarvajna, sarva
> is ArOpita and jnA (jnAna) is the self.  And when shruti says jnA thought
> of becoming many (ofcourse, from advaita perspective it is kevala
> adhyArOpita) it does that with its svabhAva i.e. sarvajnatva.  Without
> jnAna of 'sarva' it cannot become 'sarva' is it not??

If sarva is ArOpita, then jnAna about such aarOpita sarva is not yathArtha
but a brAnti. This would render brahman as having avidya!

You need to ask yourself a question -- in what sense having sarvajnatvam as
svabhAva for Brahman is superior when such jnAna about aaropita sarva is a
brAnti ?

So, either say sarvajnatvam is only to Ishwara and Ishwara himself is
aaropita; or say sarvajnatvam is natural svabhAva of Brahman but "sarva" is
NOT aaropita (but as sattya as Brahman itself). You cannot have part from
one and part from another one. This looks like another case of bhAga-tyAga
nyAya to me!

/SV