[Advaita-l] svabhAva of Atman IS 'sarvajnatvaM'

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 23:19:07 CST 2014

Dear Sri Bhaskarji,

You wrote

< What I am trying to say here is brahman even without the aid of any karaNa
(upAdhi) would have the svabhAva of sarvajnatvaM as against the contention
that ONLY ishawara would have sarvajnatva and sarvashaktiva qualities, and
without srushti or without ;sarva' brahman would be stripped off this
inherent nature.>

Svabhava invariably is associated with vikara. Since Nirguna Brahman is
nirvikara, how to associate svabhava with It. It is only through Maya as
upadhi ( which itself is Brahman ) that svabhava can have any association
with Brahman. This is what i meant in my statement.

Regards