[Advaita-l] The body is the disease

Suresh mayavaadi at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 10:29:51 CST 2014

Dear Subrahmanian,

Thanks for the explanation, but isn't it a little odd to ascribe ignorance to Brahman? I may be missing something, so please clarify. If Brahman is nirguna, how did ignorance or desire come about? Why the need to create the world?

Or should I assume that the world, being an illusion, was never created - and that its 'existence' is only accepted in the same sense that the snake's existence is accepted (that is, until the rope is clearly seen)?

Thanks again.
Suresh