[Advaita-l] Locations of pañcāyatana śilās

Sujal Upadhyay via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Fri Jul 18 05:58:54 CDT 2014

Namaste,

I too am a Gujarati. I have got the same panchdevatA-s like Jaldhar bhai
has given description. I too got it from my Grandfather who inturn got it
from his grandfather :)

Not all devatA-s (deities) need to be made up of stones or worshipped as
stones e.g. SAligrAma as a roughly round stone.. Some say that out of
SAligrAma, a deity can be sculpted. Don't have any sources to give further
info. I am an average Hindu.

Kind Regards

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Mikael Aktor via Advaita-l <