[Advaita-l] Reference to Rudra and Aditya in BGB 6.47

Sujal Upadhyay via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Tue Jul 22 02:39:02 CDT 2014

Namaste Subramaniam ji,

Thank you for the article. BG 9.25 Sankara bhASya also contains the word
'vinAyaka'. I think Sridhara Swami and Madhusudan Saraswati has also used
the word 'sinAyaka'. Swami Sivananada's commentary clarifies that this
vinAyaka-s (plural) are jIva-s  higher than humans and lower than devA-s.
Same is the case with mAtrikA-s.

Please shed some light on this too.

Hari OM

Sujal

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:58 PM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <