[Advaita-l] Creation & Creator

ramesh badisa via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Fri Jun 20 10:08:41 CDT 2014

Namaskaram.
I would like to thank you all for your valuable contribution on this topic. My thoughts are as follows:

There are two views.
One is vyavaharik point of view (vpv); other is paramatmik
point of view (ppv). We all know this.
From ppv, there is only ‘One’ present– no two. This is Advaita.
It is true that all beings have to transcend from vyavaharik plane to paramatmik
plane. We all know this. If this transcendence happens to all beings who are at
vyavaharik plane (of course, at different times for different beings), then
there is no more births and deaths – meaning there is no creation further.
Then, how the eternal continuity of creation is validated?

This is wherethe ‘One’, who is without a second, wants to
become 'many', and the eternal continuity of creation is maintained for ever. While
at the paramatmik plane, there is only ‘One’ - Advaita, but at vyavaharik plane, 'Dwaita' continues. We all know this.

My
dilemma is this: when that ‘One’ becomes ‘many’, the ‘many’ are now at vyavahariak plane. It’s a new creation, it’s a new struggle again, and need to
make new efforts for self-realization.
The self-realization of ‘many’ in the
past creation did not prevent them not to return to vyavaharik plane in
the next creation due to the fact that ‘One’ longed to become ‘many’.
Then, where is the absoluteness in the
declaration of scriptures that say ‘no return’ to samsar up on self-realization?

Namaskaram,
ramesh