[Advaita-l] 'world' is not the mental creation of tiny soul !!

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Mar 25 04:01:25 CDT 2014

Agreed. But during this period when
knowledge is not yet aquired, in order to aquire the same ,  is it not
necessary to   deliberate on avidya, its nature, origin, locus. its
undesirable effects ,  etc.

praNAms Sri ChandramouLi prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Sri subhAnu prabhuji quoted one last sentence in his mail which I'd like
to quote again :

// quote //

I would submit that the simple solution is to never forget that the
ātmavichāra of advaita is the enquiry into Brahman, not avidyā. When in
doubt, strive to understand Brahman, not avidyā.

// unquote //

For the sincere sAdhaka, when he realizes that he has avidyA, he would
start enquiring about his svarUpa that is bereft of this avidyA.  that
means his investigation is not  aimed towards the 'already' accepted /
existing avidyA, its locus, cause etc.  but getting rid of that avidyA
through vidyA..  We should agree that though these queries are relating to

brahma jignAsa in general, deeper polemics on this issues is due to our
excessive debating impulse. When we are already seeing the burning house,
we are not going to waste our time by investigating what is the cause of
fire, who is behind it, what type of fire it is etc. our whole energy &
effort would be focussed on dousing the fire and nothing else.  Likewise
when we realized our true nature of jnAna svarUpa, searching for the cause

of avidyA is like Sri Vidya prabhuji said, searching the darkness by
holding the light !! :-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar