[Advaita-l] Release of of the book "The Original Bhagavad Gita"

Sunil Bhattacharjya via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Thu May 8 21:11:06 CDT 2014

Namaste Sadanandaji,

Those particular slokas missing in the conventional version are to be best read along with the context of the other slokas. What this means is that their specific locations within the Bhagavad Gita has specific significance.

The Advaitavada is very clearly seen in the Original Bhagavad Gita of 745 verses. The great Gaudapadacharya took the verse "aadaavante  - - - - - " from the Original Bhagavad Gita. Had Ramanujacharya and Madhvacharya access to the Original Bhagavad Gita, probably they would not have challenged the Advaitavada of Adi Shankaracharya.

Regards,
Sunil KB