[Advaita-l] Isavasya Upanisad 9th Mantra

Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Fri May 23 05:42:22 CDT 2014

Namaste

If we say Nitya Karma should be done before Devatopasana there will be a
problem. Firstly Deva Pooja is also Nitya Karma only. In Deva Pooja we have
to do Devata Dhyana, Avaahana Adi Upacharas. Some people say Deva Pooja is
Devatopasana. Is Deva Pooja same as Devatopasana? If yes what is
Devatopasana in Ishavasya Mantra 9? If no what is the other Devatopasana?
Secondly some people like Stree and Sudraas have no Adhikaara to do Nitya
Karma like Sandhyaa Vandana. If they do only Devata Pooja without Veda
Mantras they are going to Greater Darkness?

I heard some Vaishnavas saying if you do Naama Japa you can skip Nitya
Karma like Sandhyaa Vandana. They are committing a mistake.

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <