[Advaita-l] Jiiva at Satya Loka - Will He or Won't He come back

ramesh badisa via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Tue May 27 08:09:35 CDT 2014

""I do not think that
Sagunopaasaka can gain nirguna brahman by analyzing

himself has been endorsed anywhere. Even in krama mukti, the jiiva in
> satya loka has to be exposed to the teaching of
mahaavaakya to gain

mokha; otherwise he returns back to karma bhuumi- that is my

understanding."" -sri Jaldhar’s reply (dated May 19 or 20, 2014)

Namaskaram.

With reference to the above,I am writing the following, based on my memory of what I have
read before.

While it is true that the jiva at satya
loka will be exposed to the teaching of Maha Vaakya to gain mokha, Brahma
sutras (4th part) says 'No Return' for such jiiva- meaning that it will never
return to karma bhuumi despite no self experience; rather such jiva will stay
at satya loka until it experiences its real self. If pralaya takes place prior
to self experience, then the jiiva will be at satya loka at the time of
creation, and will continue its effort to realize its true nature.

Namaskaram
Ramesh