[Advaita-l] Srauta , smArta ,paurAnika Achman

Srirudra srirudra at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 01:47:14 CST 2014

Dear
In smartha Sampradhayam the Achamanam goes like this:Ohm,Achuthaya Nama:Ananthaya Nama:Govindhaya Nama:.Water will be sipped from the right palm for each utterance.Then Kesava,Narayana,Madhava,Govindha,Vishnu,Madhsudhana,Thrivikrama,Vamana,Sridhara, Hrishikesa,Padmanabha,Damodhara names will be pronounced with the fingers of the right palm beginning with touching of right cheek and left cheek with the thumb ,then with anamika finger with right and left eye etc.No names of Vedas are uttered in the Achamanam.R.Krishnamoorthy.

Sent from my iPad