[Advaita-l] Rudram Chanting in White House

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Fri Oct 10 09:56:22 CDT 2014

Codes are determined by desa, kala and deha-dharma.
In the north in colder climates people have to cover themselves against the
wheather
and priests ware coats etc.

Go and tell them that should not wear them they will not take it kindly.

Mr.Venkatesh Murty, we have so many smrits so many traditions in India
that you cannot say this only is right and that is wrong.

Bengali brahmins are matsyabhuks and Kashiri brahmins are mamsabhuks.

Brihadaranyka U. prescribes gomamsa (Uksha) for a son with
brahmavarchas!!!(Please read Sankara's commentary
on the passage).

regards,
Sarma.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <