[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Rudram chanting in Whitehouse

Vidyasankar Sundaresan via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Mon Oct 13 11:10:37 CDT 2014

> In America if some Veda Ghanapaathis have given Rudram and other Mantra
> Upadesha to Mleccha Jatis it is not good according to Dharma. We should not
> follow it. We should not mix with such Mlecchas and join them in Chanting.

Please see my other post on this topic and as I said, please do some research
before jumping to judgment. The few ghanapAThI-s who are living in the USA
are, in  my experience, very particular and selective about  what they teach
and to whom. It seems very obvious to me that whoever taught these two
American boys to chant is most probably not a veda ghanapAThI in the USA.

And in general, do try to rein in your xenophobia. I can appreciate your concern
that one should have dedication and commitment to one's tradition. But the
reality is that the number of people with a vaidika orientation is only going to
keep growing in the USA and other countries, whereas it is really declining in
India itself. There are too many things that are changing too rapidly.

Vidyasankar