[Advaita-l] asti bhAti priyaM in Drg-drsya viveka

balagopal ramakrishnan rbalpal at yahoo.co.in
Fri Aug 21 03:27:34 CDT 2015

Very good elaboration Chandramouli Ji,
It was to make the change from the objectification of 'chaitanyam' I had mentioned 'eye', and also it being an 'indriya', to make it amply clear that 'chaitanyam' is not 'indriya gocharam'.
Since the moment we speak of cognition etc duality comes. So it's the difficult work the shastras are doing - to give the knowledge of 'brahman' using examples etc to make that shift of status / identity of being a pramata to saakshi. The beginningless attachment with kartrutwam and bhoktrutwam stops one from this shift. Succeeding in this war is liberation like from Radheya to Kaunteya .(Had Karna doubted, he must have to go through sravana, manana , nidhidhyasanam after attaining or along with gaining saadhanachatushtaya shatka sampatti) !!

Regards

Balagopal