[Advaita-l] Theory of Language: Mimamsa, Advaita and Vyakarana 3 of 3

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 05:54:51 CST 2015

Sri Chandramouliji,
Namaste. That is the same question I had also.

If sabda is non-different from Brahman, then the difference between various
sabdAs, like गौ:, दुग्धं, etc can only be kalpitam.  Further, if that is
true, the nityatvam of individual sabdA, arthA and their sambandha is only
true in a vyavahAra sense. Therefore from a paramArtha viewpoint,
vyAkaraNa is the same as advaita.

However, if as you ask, sabda is a dharma of Brahman, then there is a
difference between advaita and vyAkaraNa in paramArtham.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan
On 13 Dec 2015 06:55, "H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l" <