[Advaita-l] Result of karma where result is not mentioned

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 10:03:37 CST 2015

Namaste Venkatraghavanji,

Thanks for your response.

On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 6:28 PM, Venkatraghavan S <agnimile at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Namaste,
>
> While both pUrva mImAmsa and vedAnta agree that akaraNe pratyavAya:, there
> is a difference in what causes pratyavAya.
>
> Firstly, there is a श्रुति वाक्यं that supports this - अकरणे प्रत्यवायः ।

I am aware of the Shruti vAkya, since thats what Bhashyakara means when he
says akaraNe pratyavAyaH shrUyate. My question is only as to whether the
statement is traceable, that is, in which Shruti/ where does the statement
occur?

I also know the differences in how we interpret pratyavAya vs mImAMsaka-s,
so you didn't have to take the trouble to write up the rest of your mail.
There is a lot of discussion on pratyavAya that went on this very list some
years back. Sorry if my question wasn't clear.

 Rgds,