[Advaita-l] Need help in locating the source of this verse

Nithin Sridhar sridhar.nithin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 12:58:32 CST 2015

I guess, my last two emails did not get posted to the group. So, I am copy
pasting it here again.

I need help locating three more verses-

1. ahimsaa paramo dharmaH | dharma himsaa tatha eva cha||

2. anaadaanam para svaanam aapadyapi vicharataH | manasaa karmanaa vachaa
tad asteyam samaasataH || >> This link-
*https://books.google.co.in/books?id=b2qPLswTCSIC&pg=PA151&lpg=PA151&dq=purana%2Basteyam&source=bl&ots=Igpi78TFNr&sig=SaIH_86E01AHm7hlUUCF-8dSnRU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=RJ3ZVKT9KIyJuASsuoE4&ved=0CCYQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=purana%2Basteyam&f=false*
<https://books.google.co.in/books?id=b2qPLswTCSIC&pg=PA151&lpg=PA151&dq=purana%2Basteyam&source=bl&ots=Igpi78TFNr&sig=SaIH_86E01AHm7hlUUCF-8dSnRU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=RJ3ZVKT9KIyJuASsuoE4&ved=0CCYQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=purana%2Basteyam&f=false>
claims that the verse is n Linga Purana, but i was not able to locate it
there.

3. I am also unable to locate any translation of daksha smriti online. The
fifth adhyaya of Daksha smriti speaks about Shaucham. If, anybody can
please post the translation of fifth adhyaya or have link for the same. It
would be a great help.

Regards,
Nithin S