[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Meditation: eyes open or eyes closes or either

Sanju Nath sanjivendra at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 08:28:57 CDT 2015

नमस्ते श्रीरामजी,

Thank you for this detailed explanation.  I will have to do some मननम् to even scratch the surface of this विद्या।

One confusion from a मन्दबुद्धी:  when you say in initial stage we should concentrate on the नासाग्र, it is not literally with the eye but with the mind, while the eyes are open looking down on the floor, and the outline of the nose is seen but not focussed on.  Because directly focussing on the nose is hard on the eyes, and distracts from the mind concentration part.

This much seems clear: do not close the eye during meditation per the given राज योग विद्या and chapter 6 verse by भगवान।

धन्यवाद,
Sanju