[Advaita-l] akdhandaakara vRitti - My mistake

Anand Hudli anandhudli at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 4 11:16:02 CDT 2015

Those interested in a brief glimpse of what the advaitasiddhi has to say on
the topic of akhaNDArthatva may see (page 50):
https://www.scribd.com/doc/83465947/Advaita-Siddhi-Sara-Sangrah-by-Madhusudana-Saraswati-Sanskrit-English

Please note that akhaNDartha may be said to belong to not just vaidika
(vedAnta related), but also to laukika (everyday life) words and sentences.
Also, note the definition of akhaNDArthatva given in the above summary:

aparyAyashabdAnaM padavRtti-smArita-atirikta-agochara-pramAjanakatvam.

I am somewhat uncomfortable in accepting akhaNDArtha as "impartite".
Perhaps, a better word is "indeterminate", which would be, of course, the
same as "nirvikalpaka."

Anand