[Advaita-l] Continuing : Please tell the meaning of this Verse

Siva Senani Nori sivasenani at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 6 22:47:53 CDT 2015

Namaste.
Thank you for your kind words.
A given word might have multiple meanings. The second "yadi" (=if) denotes sambhaavanaa (possibility), not "oohaa" (an imaginary situation).
How do we decide the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence or discourse? At different levels there are multiple rules of interpretation given in Mimaamsaa, Nyaaya, VyaakaraNa and AlaMkaaraSaastra. It would be way beyond the present subject to discuss those rules of interpreting meaning.
RegardsN. Siva Senani