[Advaita-l] What is avidyA vR^itti as against antaHkaraNa vR^itti?

Durga Janaswamy janaswamy2001 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 25 23:14:50 CDT 2015

Hari Om,
Pranams.

Thank you.
Few more doubts:

1. What is the reason for subjective knowledge being accepted only as avidyAvRtti but not antaHkaraNavRtti?

2. Is there any reason why both illusion and subjective knowledge are put in  the same category:  avidyAvRtti?

3. I understand  dhIH,   the mental state is a vRtti, an antaHkaraNavRtti.
Now objective knowledge, such as that of a pot, is antaHkaraNavRtti.  This antaHkaraNavRtti being a
mental state, is in turn an avidyAvRtti. In summary we have only  avidyAvRtti?

3. You wrote
"objects such as a pot which are capable of direct vyavahAra but do form the content (viShaya) of a jnAna"
But there is a content such as object (eg. pot)?

4. Please suggest what tool shall I use to transliterate portions of your text into Devanagari.
I tried some but not successful.

Thank you and regards
-- durga prasad