[Advaita-l] Who wrote Saundarya Lahari?

girish girish girishwe at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 01:55:15 CDT 2015

It is very clear in last line of the 100th verse - twadIyabhirvAghbhi tavajanani vAcAm stutiriyam...
It was She who has come out of AchArya's work.
What more authentication is required when the great paramAchArya himself does not dispute this....
No answers can satisfy non-believers and believers will have no questions...  We need to believe the 'guru-vAk'.

Further, the entire SL is not just description of a woman.  She is mother of the Universe and parabramha mahiShi....  It is meaningless to even think that it is description of a woman...(shive sRungArArdrA itarajajane kutsanaparA.....) Unless one gets into thought as to why such a description is given, he cant understand the essence of it.

As far as I am concerned, I have been greatly benefited by reciting the SL and can feel the presence of AchArya during the recital...

Further, even the lalithA sahasrAnAma also has the description of various parts of the Mother as seen by the vashinI and others .  So what is the problem.  Our medhAs cannot even think about this 'katichana chidAnanda laharim'........

Namastripurasundaryai

V Girish

He who has faith has ALL
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith in the name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna