[Advaita-l] Difficulty with Akhandakara Vrtti

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 03:28:39 CDT 2015

Dear Sri Aurobind Padiyath Ji,

 Thanks for the clarification that you are not referring to nirvikalpa. It
removes a major impediment in progressing the discussion. A great relief.

 Once we talk of “ akhandakara vritti “ and “ a state “ , we are in the
Vyavaharika plane only and not in Paramarthika plane. But the rest of your
note mostly pertain to the Paramarthika plane. It cannot be maintained << Even
thought or thoughtlessness are not applicable to that state  >> . A “ state
“ must necessarily be either with thought ( as in jagrat or svapna ) or
without thought ( as in sushupti or samadhai ) . A “ state “ cannot be
bereft of both. Kindly clarify.

 Also please give a reference to where this concept of “ akhandakara vritti
“ is explained so that I can study and better understand the context in
which it has been explained.

 Pranans and Regards