[Advaita-l] Please Learned Scholars answer these doubts about Advaitha Sidhanta..

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 27 05:11:54 CDT 2015

Harsha Bhatji - PraNAms

Your emails further proves that Vedanta has to be studies systematically under a competent teacher . A competent teacher is one who himself studied Vedanta under another competent teachers.

Just for short. Brahman means infinite-ness - anantam. Guna or attributes define an object and differentiate one object from the other. Hence Guna's belong to finite object. Infinite cannot be an object hence it is undefinable - hence nirguna.

Infinite itself is not an attribute of infinite - all it means is it negates all finite and therefore attributable objects as not Brahman. All the terms you have stated are only negation of all objects that can be definable. They describe the indescribable using pointers (lakshyaartha) for a seeker who has tuned his mind.

Brahman itself is indefinable as stated by the scriptures - na vaak gachchati, na manaH.

Similarly the subject I, cannot be defined. Only definition that one can provide is the subject is that which cannot be objectified. It is a negative definition, negating whatever can be objectified cannot be the subject - neti neti says scripture.

Hari Om!
Sadananda