[Advaita-l] Fwd: Difficulty with Akhandakara Vrtti

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 04:14:19 CDT 2015

Sri Durga Janaswamy asked the question

 << In drustanta (द्रष्टांत), the tenth man realizes that  "I am the
tenth".    In draastanta (द्राष्टांत), do I realize that I am Brahman? >> .

 That is just what does not happen. In the Drishtanta knowledge pertains to
an inert object whereas in the Dashtranta the “ knowledge “ pertains to a
Self Evident ( Svaprakasha ) “ object “. There is no knowledge of the
nature “ I realize I am Brahman “ . The erroneous knowledge that “ I “ am a
distinct entity , different from Chaitanyam/Brahman?Atman , entertained so
far is destroyed . This is “ ajnana naasha “ . That is what happens. Once
that notion is destroyed , there is nothing like “ I realize that I am
Brahman “ which implies that there is a distinct “ I “ to “ realize “
something. What remains is just “ Brahman “ which is Self Evident .

 Best I could do to explain the “ indescribable “ .

 Regards

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 11:42 PM, Durga Janaswamy via Advaita-l <