[Advaita-l] Shortest Sentence in English is a Mahaa Vaakya?

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Thu Mar 26 00:11:05 CDT 2015

I realized that I have not responded to the the post that started this
thread.

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l wrote:

> I got a Whatsapp message from a friend. The shortest sentence in English is
> 'I am'. Looking at it I feel it has a Advaita message in it.

If "I am" was the message of Advaita Vedanta it would have been judged an
insipid philosophy indeed.  No one, in fact no living creature, doubts
their existence.  We have discussed in the past why this particular kind
of Vedanta is not called Aikya ("one") but Advaita ("not two") duality is
the natural or rather I should say conventional state of being.  It
requires the concerted application of Advaitic sadhana to dispel that
false notion.  Our message would be "That which was mistakenly thought of
as only I is in fact All." Which I have to admit is a bit longer!