[Advaita-l] Dvaita Vaada - Vadiraja Teertha's Nyayaratnavali Slokas 310 - 314 Pativrataa Stree

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Thu May 14 07:43:23 CDT 2015

Anandji - PraNAms

Agreed.

The question is only 'If you think you lost, then  search for it' - In the case of the gold chain example, the chain or self that I am is never lost other than the notion that it is lost, since one is seeking for it. The self-evident but apparently not self-evident situation opens up different opinions.  The point is both schools understand the problem and each acharya is trying to explain from different perspectives. As long as one looks at the problem from the problem reference, then the solution is very clear.

There is statement by a swami - As long as seeker and the sought are one and the same, any seeking on the part of the seeker is bound to fail, since in the very seeking the seeker has resolved that the sought is not there where the seeker is. In stead of self, we can apply to this for the search for happiness as every living being is doing life after life.

The rest of course is, what I consider, as of academic interest.

Hari Om!
Sadanand