[Advaita-l] Happy Diwali and Sal Mubarak

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Fri Nov 13 01:21:04 CST 2015

On Wed, 11 Nov 2015, Ravi Chandrasekhara wrote:

> Agree, most temples in USA mark Wed Nov 11, 2015 as Diwali but Amavaas
> tithi ends Nov 11 am. Per mypanchang.com and Drikpanchang website, In
> USA, Diwali puja should occur on Nov 10 sanyankaal.
>
> I notice that Swaminarayan temples , in general, are a day off, i.e., it
> appears they follow panchang as per India.
>
> One would think purohits in our mandirs ( whether North, South,
> Gujarati, or Bengali) would know better and advise accordingly.

The ironic thing is that Hindus love to talk about having "the most
scientific religion" when it is some gibberish about quantam physics yet
here in panchanga ganita is a case where actual science is to be used and
they won't use it!  (drikganita panchangas are based on actual
astronomical observations instead of the mathematical model of
suryasiddhanta-based ones.)