[Advaita-l] mithyA and abhAva chatuShTaya - Vaadiraaja's Nyayaratnavali Slokas 43-46

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 00:12:09 CDT 2015

Dear Sri Durgaprasad ji,

The point being made in these posts is: Dvaita admits ONLY Viṣṇu (Brahman)
to have Swatantra Sattā/satya. Everything else derive their
reality/existence from Brahman and therefore are categorized as 'paratantra
sattā/satya.'   Naturally, they do not admit the Veda to have Swatantra
sattā nor can they say that the Veda enjoys the same level of sattā as
Brahman in which  case there will be two entities having Swatantra satya:
Brahman and Veda which position is not correct even according to them.
Thus, in conclusion, for them too, like advaitins, the Veda has only a
second level, a dependent, borrowed existence and not the first class
existence.

Advaitins openly hold that the Veda belongs to the Vyāvahārika satya.

regards
vs

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 5:24 AM, Durga Janaswamy via Advaita-l <