[Advaita-l] Please Clarify My Doubt Regarding Karma Yoga

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Sep 22 00:08:57 CDT 2015

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015, Abhinand Abhinand via Advaita-l wrote:

> It is evident that in Karma yoga, Bhagavan asks us to perform all our duties
> to the best possible extent and surrender the fruits to his feet.

In my opinion it is not wrong to expect the fullfilment of ones actions
but to understand that success or failure does not "belong" to oneself
(i.e. ahamkara) but is due to Bhagavans krpa.  Arjuna has anxieties about
fighting but after Krishna bhagavan has cleared them, he fights to win.
But as a person of samyagdrishti he experiences even grave setbacks such
as the death of Abhimanyu with equanimity.