[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 03:53:48 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Venkatraghavan Ji,

Please dont misunderstand me. It is not that I "insist" on the way
illustrations are to be understood. Each person has his own way of
understanding issues. I have come across many persons who have applied the
clay-pot statement of Chandogya to Brhaman-jagat context to conclude both
Brahman and jagat are "satya" of the same order just as both clay and pot
are vyavaharika satya (satya of the same order). As you mentioned earlier
concerning illustrations that  << Their utility is limited to justifying
something particular through one aspect of the drishtAnta.>>. In the
illustrations under consideration, the particular aspect they want to
highlight is the pariNAma/vivarta aspect ( same/different orders of
Reality) of "modifications" with reference to cause and effect. Ofcourse I
am not "insisting" on acceptence of this either. It is for the individual
members to make their own judgements. I am only bringing it to their notice.

Pranams and Regards

Chandramouli