[Advaita-l] Who is this Angustha Parimana Purusha?

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 05:01:47 CDT 2016

Dear Shashwata ji,

Please do not call me pujyapada, etc, these titles are only for great
AchArya-s. I am just a laymen like you. Call me Sujal. Sri Sriram ji has
aptly given reply. Nothing more needed to be added on anAhat chakra.

Various Yogic and tAntrika texts give different explanation. This is
because teachings assimilated are structured based on direct inner
experience of Yogis.

Each chakra has a center called as yonI (shakti). This mystery of size of
linga has to be experienced. But for sake of explanation, one has to be
given a picture, nearest imagination as mind need an image to contemplate
about and get clarity. Just like brahman cannot be described by words, yet
is is described like it is AkAsha-vata meaning it is like AkAha,
omnipresent and subtle. It does not mean Brahman is AkAsha.

The process of opening of petals, contemplating on beej mantra, having
vision of yoni, experiencing vAyu, etc indicates evolution of consciousness
and it getting more subtle thereby catching, seeing and experiencing subtle
energies yonI and chakra are both energies.

***What are the rules of sculpting a clay based Shiva Linga? I heard that,
in the Anahuta Chakra a shiva linga resides. *

You are mixing two things. Inner universe and outer universe. What is
experienced in piNDANaDa (microcosm), also manifests in brahmANDa
(brahmANDa). Hence it is represented by various symbols externally. Various
devatA-s are energy points within us. There is inner Sun which revolves
around body through iDA and pingalA. There is also a pole star (druva tArA)
in the center of head overlapping pineal gland (but in different
dimension). It is seen blue in colour and is a kind of pearl.

sahasrAra chakra has 1000 petal. It is like crown. There is also lalATa
chakra on forehead above AGYA (AjnA) chakra. Have you marked small circles
on head of Lord Buddha. They represent chakra-s. One yogI said to me that
Lord Buddha has activated all petals and each of his brain cell was
transformed into a minor chakra. In the same way, the crown that is worn by
idols of deva-s and Gods is a poor replica and represents highly awakened
state.

mA kuNDalini is always desperate to unite with Siva. As soon as the
obstacles are uprooted, devI rises upto saharAra pierces it and merges into
infinite space. A yogI has to be aware of this process and than should
shift awareness to hhigher bodies one by one i.e. from prANamaya kosha to
manomaya to viGYAnamaya to Anandamaya and finally be witness to everything.
This witness merges in kuTastha Atman / Brahman, by being aware of
stillness behind this process. this stillness is AdhAra (substratum) upon
which the whole process floats.

anAhat chakra is important as it is the first of higher chakra-s. When
kuNDalini rises upto anAhat, a yogI has the first glimpse of divinity and
first feeling of intense bliss.

I do not know the rules for sculpting Siva linga. Maybe somebody else can
answer this.

As per linga purANa, linga is first raw manifestation of formless Brahman
(Siva)  in the form of pillar (skambha / stambha). skambha sukta also says
the same. Inside this linga lies the entire brahmANda, all deva-s and the
trinity, brahmA jI at bottom, viShNu in anAhat (center) and rudra in AGYA
(top) of linga. Since agnI was the first manifestation of linga or Siva, it
is given importance. To keep this agnI-svarUpa cool water is continuously
poured on it. agnI is one deva who can travel to all loka-s and hence is
carrier of our oblations in yagna.

**Sujal ji I thought there was only nine chakras and the rests were
upachakras. There are some secret chakras which can only be revealed by a
Guru.

There are many chakra-s. Seven are considered as major, as they are
connected with seven loka-s. They also control important glands and
hormones. gItA talks about nine doors. Sikh Guru have identified dasham
dvAra. mahAyogI gorakshanAtha has revealed few more chakra-s. talu chakra
(from where nectar flows) and AkAsha chakra (opposite to sahasrAra chakra).

When we are hurt, we experience pain or pressure in center of chest but a
little lower, 3-4 inches below anAhat chakra. when someone is hurt, our
attention is also drawn to this region. This part which is at a junction of
ribs is not anAhat chakra, but sUrya chakra (as explained by T.
Krishnamacharya). It is said to be center of lower emotions. When someone
is speaking from ego, this chakra is activated. When someone is speaking
from anAhat chakra, there is no ego. God resides in anAhat chakra, One
feels lighter. There is softness within us. From within one experiences
this softness. Other higher emotions like love for God, bhakti, surrender,
etc is experienced inside anAhat chakra and not sUrya chakra.

chakra-s are experienced as our consciousness evolves. It is a result of
grace of guru, God and our own diligent sAdhanA.

To understand yoga and tantra is not easy. guidance is necessary. Hence
certain things are not disclosed in public. One should not mess with
energies. It is not a good idea. If you screw up then who is going to bail
you out? Reading books is not enough. Location of chakra-s and nADI-s has
to be experienced. Yogic kriyA-s are to be done under the care of an adept
yogI.

yoga and vedAnta goes hand-in-hand. But unlike yoga, vedAnta adopts kriyA-s
only upto a certain point. Main purpose is to make one capable sit for
meditation in a particular posture and make mind stable and focused on one
object. After that the main upAsanA is either chanting (or hearing) OM or
neti-neti. Rise of kuNDalini though some may experienced is not given
important. It is considered as by-product of meditation and the experience
of kunDalini is patiently experienced as witness. Mind is then re-focussed
on advaita sAdhanA.

I hope this helps.

Hari OM

Sujal

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Venkata sriram P via Advaita-l <