[Advaita-l] The riddle of evolution

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 07:07:46 CDT 2016

Shrinivasji - PraNAms

Interesting thoughts.

I want to separate the Anatomical evolution vs Spiritual Evolution.

Anatomical evolution is biological and one can have evolution from microcosm to human beings. I have no problem in accepting Darwins theory, with whatever problems it has.

Spiritual evolution of Jiiva (the life-force) does not necessarily follow the anatomical evolution as per Vedanta. We have re-birth of one life - needed as in Vamadeva and three birth needed as in the case of Jadabharata..The soul can go backwords in the anotomical evolution or take a detour in order to exhaust the karmas that cannot be exhausted otherwise. Even jnaani takes birth if there are lingering vaasanaas that need to be exhausted - Discussed elaborately in Panchadashi by Shree Vidyaranya in Ch. 9

Krishna says -
 bahuunaam janmanaamante jnaanavaam maam prapadyate|
vaasudeva sarvamiti sa mahaatmaa sudurlabhaH||

Hari Om!
Sadananda