[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Venkatesh Murthy (वेङ्कटेशः सीतारामार्यपुत्रः) vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 23:02:44 CDT 2016

 Namaste

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 12:48 AM, Srinath Vedagarbha via Advaita-l
<advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

> In the spirit of jumping from one reference to the other, I agree with you
> in calling adhyaasa "jagat" as mithya. In the same we should also call
> "Jiva" as mithya as the notion of jIvahood is equally adhyAsa over the same
> adhishTAnaM. Then statement would be -- brahma satya jagan mithyA jeeva
> mithyA ubhyOr brahmaiva na aparaH.
>
> Why not the same treatment to jIva is given?

People not following any Sampradaya can manufacture any statement but
it is neither accepted by Advaitis nor Dvaitis. Advaiti Sampradaya is
always saying Brahma is alone Satya Jagat is Mithya and Jeeva is
Brahman only. Dvaitis are saying Hari Sarvottama Vayu Jeevottama and
Jagat is Satya. Let them say. We cannot change Advaiti statement.

> /sv

-Venkatesh