[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Apr 22 04:36:26 CDT 2016

praNAms Sri Praveen Bhat prabhuji
Hare Krishna

This is not a response to the subject matter of the thread nor to your understanding vs. Pujya Swamiji's followers' understanding of the article, but only to your usage of the phrase "SDS school of thought". Being an antevAsI at Pujya Swamiji's gurukulam, out of respect to him, I would like to point out that he would never like this kind of usage about his teachings as his "school of thoughts" since he always said that he taught traditional Vedanta. This is FYI.

Ø   I mentioned SDS school of thought just to address the prabhuji-s who are closely following the teachings of Sri SDS & Swamy paramArthAnanda, not to  offend anyone and no intention of drive away the traditional teaching of shankara from them.  When I have been addressed as  ‘Mattur prakriya’ follower just because I was following Sri SSS’s teaching, I was not offended nor thought that ‘Mattur prakriya’ is something different from shankara’s prasthAna traya prakriya.  So, it’s all depend on how you read these lines and between the lines ☺ By the way, though not directly relevant to this thread, just curious to know your clarification with regard to traditional stand on VC Vs questioning and doubting of same prakaraNa grantha with regard to contents and authorship from Arsha Vidya followers (for example previously Dr. Michael Comans & in ashrama Sri VasudevaachArya) .  Which approach you think more traditional and authentic?
PS: its not pUrNamadaM, its pUrNamadAH or pUrNamidaM.

Ø     Thanks for the correction…but we chant this mantra pUrNamadaH pUrNamidaM etc. an elongated ‘A’ in pUrNamadAH as you have written above, would force me to chant deergha to the ‘da’.  That is my way of reading the transliterated Sanskrit words ☺ Anyway, I am not so good at transliterated writing nevertheless I write it without any fear coz. I know prabhuji-s like you would always be eager to pick these mistakes and  correct it ☺