[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Venkatesh Murthy (वेङ्कटेशः सीतारामार्यपुत्रः) vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 09:53:51 CDT 2016

Namaste

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 6:52 PM, H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l
<advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:
> Sri Bhaskar Ji wrote  << Anyway, I reckon that your question # 3 is too
> short and obscure just asked for the want of answer that you want J  >>.

Sri Bhaskar cannot be correct because Question 2 and 3 are
contradicting each other. If Answer for Question 2 is yes answer for
Question 3 will have to be No only.
If the Mattur scholar is saying yes for Question 2 he is saying yes
keeping in mind all points in Prasthana Traya Bhashya. Then why will
he go into deep analysis for
question 3 again? If answer for question 2 is No answer to question 3
will have to be yes only. Because nothing can be both Satya and
Mithya.

Problem in Sri Bhaskar's mind is he is thinking Mithya is totally
false like rabbit's horns totally Asat. But nobody said Jagat is like
that. It is not Sat and not Asat. That is why it is Mithya. This is
the most difficult part to understand in Advaita.

> My response to him  << Dont be silly >>.
>
> I am not used to making frivolous and meaningless  claims as made by him,
> pointedout earlier by me. My purpose is served if the other members note
> such claims with the ridicule they deserve.
>
> Regards

-Venkatesh