[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Why only jagat is mithya and jeeva is brahman !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Apr 26 23:32:56 CDT 2016

I've not identified jagat as mithyA. Jagat in its swaroopa is the same for everything in the jagat, which includes the Jeeva and Ishvara. That swaroopa is called brahman. The VikAra is only in appearance not in its swaroopa.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Does cloth exist apart from cotton??  Does cloth has separate existence apart from cotton??  For the cloth cotton is the upAdAna kAraNa and cloth in its sthitikAla does not have any independent existence apart from cotton since for the cloth, cotton is the svarUpa.  Whereas cotton can have its own existence even though there is nonexistence of cloth (vikAra).  Where was the cloth then before its creation??  The cloth was there in cotton in the form of cotton only.  Sri Dayananda Saraswati gives this cotton-cloth example  in pUrNamadaH article.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar