[Advaita-l] Shankara authenticates Shiva as the son of Brahma

D Gayatri dgayatrinov10 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 05:42:24 CDT 2016

//In the Prashnopaniishat bhashya Shankara has stated Rudra is the
world-annihilating entity.//

In the BSB, Shankara says that all such words like prANa etc. that occur
here,  must be taken to mean the supreme Brahman only and no body else. The
second brahmasUtra also states that it is Brahman alone that is the cause
of creation and destruction. In BSB 2.1.1, Shankara quotes a purANa which
says that Narayana alone is everything, he is the cause of origin and
dissolution of everything. Thus Brahman alone is the cause and no one else.